You can rely on our expert technicians to perform car servicing inspections for a wide range of vehicles. Our garage services include intermediate car servicing, which is recommended to be conducted every 6 months, together with full annual car servicing for small to large private and trade vehicles. We are here to improve your car’s performance and to identify any car repairs needed to keep your vehicle roadworthy.
When Do You Need Car Servicing?
To maintain the condition of your car, the experts at AutoQuest Redhill Ltd recommend that car owners follow the below recommendations to take advantage of our garage services:
- Interim Car Servicing – This should be arranged for every 6-month period or every 6,000 miles accumulated
- Full Car Servicing – We advise motorists to get a full inspection for their vehicle every 12 months or per 12,000 miles
- General Car Servicing – Whenever your oil or oil filter needs to be replaced. Oil changes are usually required for every 10,000 miles
Many modern vehicles with state-of-the-art diagnostic computers will alert Redhill, Reigate and Surrey drivers to let them know when they require car servicing. Otherwise, the rule-of-thumb is to schedule a full service on an annual basis, however the recommended mileage can vary depending on the manufacturer. Our technicians are trained to carry out major-brand car servicing and garage services which observe the manufacturer’s manual and official service timeframes.
What Does Car Servicing Involve?
- Operational tests, including the clutch gearbox, car battery, car horn and dashboard lights
- Fluid top-ups, including brakes, clutches, power-steering reservoirs, windscreen washers and antifreeze levels
- Drive shaft gaiters checked for cracks or leaks
- Oil and oil filter drainage and replacements
- Exhaust system checks for leaks and catalyst convertor fittings
- Steering and suspension components assessed for rust or corrosion
- Brake pads, shoes, discs, drums and hydraulics inspected for signs of wear
- Air filter replacements can also be included for Redhill, Reigate and Surrey clients
During full car servicing checks, technicians will carry out in-depth examinations, including the condition of the car battery, lights, seat belts, electrical systems, tyre pressure and tread, steering and suspension systems, and shock absorber bounce checks. Wheel alignment and wheel bearing, engine cambelt, alternator and drive belt checks, fuel filter replacements and spark plugs may need to be replaced for Redhill, Reigate and Surrey vehicles with petrol engines.
Our garage services include green tests which are available to inspect your vehicle’s emissions, including the Lambda sensors, to measure the amount of oxygen in the exhaust system.
Our Garage Services Packages
From £99.00 this inc up to 5lts of oil and a 25 point service inspection and report
Small Car Service:
From £129.00 for cars up to 1500cc this inc up to 5lts of std engine oil and a 50 point service inspection and report
Medium Car Service:
From £159.00 for cars up to 2000cc this inc up to 6lts of std engine oil and a 50 point service inspection and report
Large Car Service:
From £179.00 cars up to 3500cc this inc up to 7lts of std engine oil and a 50 point service inspection and report
Benefits of Car Servicing
- Car servicing will keep motorists and pedestrians in Redhill, Reigate and Surrey safe
- Regular garage services, especially car servicing, will confirm if your vehicle is performing efficiently
- Our technicians can identify potential issues at an earlier stage, requiring car repairs
- The risk of serious, costly problems affecting the lifespan of your car is reduced
Air Conditioning Recharging
We undertake thorough inspections of air conditioning systems on top of our car servicing package. This will benefit Redhill, Reigate and Surrey drivers who get a lot of use out of their air conditioning systems during the warmer climate. Regular maintenance, including recharging or re-gassing, will ensure your air-con works efficiently when you need it.
Vehicle air conditioning units lose approximately 10% of their refrigerant gas per year. This is likely to happen if they are not in frequent use due to the cooler weather, which can affect the system’s overall performance. To prevent this from happening, our technicians advise that motorists follow their car manufacturers’ specifications to get their air conditioning units recharged every 2 years, by re-gassing and replenishing the lubricant.
At AutoQuest Redhill Ltd, our air conditioning garage services include the following:
- Recharge or re-gas refrigerant levels based on manufacturers’ recommendations
- Refill the oil required for lubricating air-con systems
- Check the temperature, performance and identify any leaks
- Clear any moisture or air from the system components
If you need repairs for air conditioning unit to be carried out, these are not included in car servicing packages. However, we can fix any leaks or faulty equipment as part of our competitively priced garage services.
Motorists in Redhill, Reigate and the nearby Surrey areas can expect vehicle components, such as batteries and electrical wiring, plus an engine tune-up and oil change, as part of our car servicing packages to examine the performance of your car.
Wheel alignment, which is also called ‘tracking’, is the process carried out by mechanics to ensure that the wheels and axles of your car are set to the correct position and move in the same direction